Friday, July 3, 2009

A New start. A New Life.

I'm alone, again...



Standing in the middle of town, watching all kinds of people rushing to their destination, or perhaps get their kids to school, walking here and there. Teenagers coming out from fast food restaurant, holding cups of pepsi in their hands, and busy chit-chatting about all sorts of stuffs, with their sweet smile printed on thier face. 2 minutes ago i just stepped off my dad's car, without companionship i headed to the centre of the town, towards my college, where everything looked so strange and so different to me. i looked so distraught and i felt a certain apprehension that i would be late. Blocks of concrete building ahead me, all looked like the same. So many entrances, so many exits, I kept searching for the signboard written "HELP university college" but i couldn't find it..



I'm lost.


Several attempts have been done before I finally found my destination. It was my bad because it was an impromptu outing, i should have searched for this place days before. Therefore, I was late for the briefing session. Today was the orientation day of my college. Well, it supposed to be a fun and enjoyable day. To be honest the problem i faced just now have spoiled my mood but i thought the day would be better after that. Without hesitation i quickly took a seat to settle myself, then filled up the form about subjects registration. I not sure but I felt like kinda nervous and anxious. People came with their parents whereas I was alone. Maybe it was not the problem as I'm quite independent adready i suppose. Maybe i felt lonely, or perhaps i felt guilty for my late. My heart pumped fast, adrenaline flowed through my body. "What's wrong with me?" I was actually hesitated when i was choosing what subjects to take, i have pondered long enough, and somehow I felt like "Gosh, I'm really done here." When the registration was done we went for the speech session. I thought I would definately die of boredom, never expect it to be interesting anyway. I was apprehensive that i would be alone. I felt unease and unsecure, kept looking around the hall, just hope to find someone i knew. But none. Just when i thought everything will be worse, suddenly this guy came over and sit beside me. Surprised, i looked at him, he turned his head as well, and introduced himself mildly while shaking my hand. i did the same and guess what, we started to talk, i mean, chat. Really, we chat about many things, from high school to my ns camp, where i told him how fun and enjoy the camp was. And he told me some of his story too. We were truly enjoying ourselves without paying attention to lecturer who was speaking in front until the lecturer have to give us warning. But well, who cares? Haha. Then i told him about my story this morning and guess what he said? "well, dun worry i'll teman u next time." WOW.. althought i not sure whether he just simply said it out or wat but it really lighten me up! And believe it or not i felt quite touched actually, and lucky enough to know such a friend. After that we have campus tour, where me n my new friend mixed with another 2 guys. And well.. guess i no need to say bout it anymore. We enjoyed it alot!! Haha. 1 of them is not chary of giving praise, and he did very funny caricatures of some of his friends. So it was quite enjoy and fun to be with him. Another 1 is actually from overseas. He's a very mild-mannered person. He got a golden brown hair, and a british slang he speaks. Quite interesting. =P



We had joy and fun until the end of orientation. After they left i went to find my brother. Then we went home together, with satisfaction and gratification of the day. Things have turned from bad to good, and better. Well, having thought that after 7 months of holidays, i finally return to school, and got to study in the top college, not bad huh. =)

Today was fun and i enjoyed it alot, despite the incidents that happened this morning. At least i learned 1 thing, don't lose hope when everything is down in the dump, cause who knows, maybe it is just a pathway towards happiness. If there is no down and sorrow, there is no high and happiness, right? =)

0 comments: